Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 11, Mountain Home, ID to Twin Falls, ID, 97 miles





We headed out of town early and watched the beautiful red sunrise over the mountains to our east. The incredible scenery everyday is a reminder of God’s imagination and creativity.

My ribs seemed to hurt less today and my legs felt strong nearly the whole 100 miles. It reminds me of when Jac Jacutin broke my ribs in Cebu years ago and we still had 25 games to finish that tour. I finished that tour by concentrating on one half-time show at a time and waiting on the Lord. Isaiah 40:31 says, “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

The calls, cards, packages, and prayers seem to encourage me and I am just concentrating on one day at a time and not the whole 2500 miles. Sometimes when I am peddling alone down a quiet road I feel a joy and peace that washes away any pain or discomfort and I feel grateful and overwhelmed by God’s grace in my life. I find myself enjoying every mile, every animal, every scenic view, and soon I am finishing into town and the local Dairy Queen for my celebratory milk shake! What a wonderful experience and adventure this has become.

I finished today by riding over the Snake River and saw the river, canyon and Evel Knieval’s jump site. He had no chance! He could have sold “armadillo” tires to us all!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I've been praying for you but apparently not enough....broken ribs!!! Hang in there, you are a tough guy and you can do it besides The Cause is worth it.
I look forward to hearing more from you.
DG

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom.
We are really enjoying your journaling as you ride and the sharing of scriptures. It is as if we are there listening to you. What wonderful pictures! Are you sure you have broken ribs? You all look so happy and healthy.
Enjoy the state of Idaho and those DQ shakes!
LF and CF

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tom.

We are so proud of you and continue
to be inspired by your faith and dedication. Can't wait to hear all
your new stories from this great
adventure. You're the best! You can do it!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Tom (& Aunt Karen) :)

It has been really fun reading your blogs and keeping up with your trip. I'm glad things are going well and that nothing worse has happened to you other than being run over by a car door...that will happen sometimes! :)

Mike and I have been praying for you. I'm actually kinda jealous seeing all of those gorgeous pictures! Hope the rest of your pilgrimage goes well :)

Love Arlene (Friesen) Parsons

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the flats and the "bullet proof" tires. I also bought some Continental tires that have kevlar in them and are not supposed to have flats. After 3 flats I went to the bike store and the pulled a small piece of sharp metal from the inside of the tire.
God's awesome majesty is displayed in his creation! Psalm 19:1.
ride safe
Michael & Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,
Glad to see that the ribs have not stopped you from riding the trip.
It's amazing what faith can do to the human spirit. We will continue to read your daily reports and view your beautiful pics.
Ride like the wind.
Mark & Allison