Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 2, St. Helens, OR to Welches, OR, 75 miles

It was a beautiful ride through orchards, nurseries, and a view of the magnificent 11,239 foot high Mt. Hood which has a base that spreads for 92 miles. The glaciers of Mt Hood had my total attention the last 25 miles!

The last 30 miles today was lots of climbing up to a mountain resort with a great hot tub and pool! My legs are feeling good enough that I am enjoying the incredible beauty of the NW USA and socialize with everyone I meet.

My morning quiet time is a highlight and I continue to request strength, energy, and safety from injuries and crashes. It reminds me of the day to day dependence on Christ we experienced in the Philippines going from province to province and village to village playing basketball all day every day! I am enjoying this wonderful adventure with the Lord and His creation.

I have room for more prayer requests so keep them coming.

Love, Tom

2 comments:

The Shepherd's said...

Just want to say hello and let you know that our prayers are with you. Keep up the great work!

Love,
Monique & Tony

Anonymous said...

Keep the wheels turning. Our prayers are with you! Can't wait to see you in Blaine.

Your Brother in Christ, Kevin

P.S. - The jerseys look great!