Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 29, Sioux Falls, SD to Worthington, MN, 70 miles

Joe’s bike was delivered to our hotel around 10:30 by the airlines. But we still had to put it together which took awhile. By 11:45 we were finally on the road which meant that we caught some big winds and the heat of the day. We got into Worthington around 4:00 tired and hot. The one good thing was that Joe pulled all day so I forgave him for all the trouble!

We have a couple of long days ahead of us. Both are at least 100 miles. But I am getting close to the end. It’s hard to believe that this ride is almost over for me! I can’t thank everyone enough for their prayers because I am sure that is what got me all this way. Keep praying until the end on Thursday though! I still need you!

Love, Tom


“I pray to you, O Lord, my rock. Do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you are silent, I might as well give up and die.” Psalm 28:1
“Praise the Lord! For He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving!” Psalm 28:6,7

1 comment:

TiC Dave said...

I'm with you Tom. Prayed for you here this morning (7:30am west coast). You came to mind so it was time to pray.

I had some golfing goals this summer, to break 90 on the course behind our home. I did that the first time out. I guess it pays to really think about playing :)

Yesterday I was playing and shot an 84! My first birdie of the summer ... a par 3 and I left it less than a grip away!

I'm ready to take you on buddy! I'm thinking about it. When are you and your friends coming by Hong Kong. I could get you an audience ready to hear the Word.

Love your entries ... how about a weekly blog from the Champions tour?