Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 27, Mitchell, SD to Sioux Falls, SD, 70 miles

Thank you Jesus! The winds turned from the east to the northwest and at our backs! We went what seemed like a short 70 miles with temperatures in the 70’s. It was sunny and we had a beautiful blue sky all day! The roads were smooth and we didn’t have hardly any traffic. We’ve had so many tough days in a row that we needed a breakthrough!

One big treat today… I got a massage! Angie Quigley’s mom, Marlene, lives in Sioux Falls. She arranged for a great massage which I really needed. Thank you ladies!

Tomorrow we have a rest day. Ahhhh! I found a nice church to go to in the morning and then it just so happens that some of the guys from the Champions Tour are going to be here in Sioux Falls for a fundraising tournament. I’m going to the banquet in the evening with the guys to see them. It will be great to see Dave Stockton, Morris Hatalsky, Jim Colbert, and Don Pooley!

Then tomorrow night a good friend is flying in to join me on the ride. Joe Coffey is a pastor in Hudson, Ohio and is the one that got me going in biking! He is going to ride the last four days with me and it will be great to have him by my side! Thanks, Joe!

My spirits are high today. I’m tired but really happy! And don’t worry. Even though it is a day off tomorrow you will still get prayed for!

II Corinthians 9:8 says, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom, you are an inspiration for me. I have been considering doing what you are doing for the past year. I am the Head Cross Country Coach at Judson University now and once I retire from my full time job at Sheriff's Office, I would like to ride my bike for worthy causes. Your blogs have been good for me and I wish I were riding by your side so I could encourage you in return. Keep up the good work knowing He who has begun it will see you through to its completion!! Soar like an Eagle my friend:)!

Bob Haddix said...

Hello Thomas, I must tell you, even an old wretch like me is inspired by the things you are doing in the name of Jesus. I can remember when you ran a marathon in high school with very little training, and now with God at your back, you are making the life better for people all over the world.Keep up the good work. You and Karen are in my thoughts and prayers. If you are going to the Pebble Beach event for sure let me know. Kimble invited me out and with a little juggling I may be able to come out for a couple of days. I told Jerry Smith yesterday about your Bike 4 Kids. He said he would tell Reggie and they would check out the blog. Be Safe and finish the journey with vigor.I hope the wind is at your back for the rest of the journey. As a point of reference,I don't think TK and I could peddle to the closest mailbox. Bob Haddix